PNM Power Saver
Introducing PNM Power Saver BRING YOUR OWN THERMOSTAT
PNM Customers with HONEYWELL Home Smart Thermostats
Get Paid to Save Energy
PNM wants to relieve electricity demand in your area during peak demand hours.
This is especially important during those summer days when everyone cranks up their AC at the same time.
Bring Your Own Thermostat works with the PNM Power Saver program to save energy and money.
If you . . .
- Receive electricity from PNM
- Own a qualifying Honeywell Home Wi-Fi-enabled smart thermostat, and
- Control your central air conditioner or heat pump
You can enroll and receive . . .
- $100 for your enrollment, plus
- $25 every year you participate
Why Bring Your Own Thermostat
Smart thermostats help lower cost.
When used with the Bring Your Own Thermostat program, they help:
- Protect our environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions on the hottest afternoons
- Ensure a continuous regional energy supply when energy is needed most
How It Works
- Between June 1 and September 30, demand for electricity soars. During these times, the PNM Power Saver Bring Your Own Thermostat program automatically engages participants’ central air conditioning systems in an “activation period.”
- During an activation period, PNM will send a wireless signal to your smart thermostat to cycle the central air conditioner’s compressor.
- The compressor then operates on and off in 10 to 15 minute intervals for a half hour up to four hours until energy supply and demand are again balanced.
- During the activation period, your central air conditioner’s fan will continue to run, circulating air throughout your home.
Honeywell Home thermostats with model numbers:
- T5 (RCHT8610WF2006/W) – As Shown at Right
- T5+ (RCHT8612WF2005/W) – As Shown at Right
- T6 Pro Smart Thermostat (TH6220WF2006/U)
- T6 Pro Smart Thermostat (TH6320U)
- T9 Smart Thermostat (RCHT9510WFW2001/W)
- T9 Smart Thermostat With Sensor (RCHT9610WFSW2003/W)
- T10 Pro Smart Thermostat (THX321W2003W/U)
- T10 Pro Smart Thermostat With Sensor (THX321WFS2001W/U)
- Round Smart Thermostat (RCH9310WF5003/U)
- Round Smart Thermostat (TH8732WFH5004/U)
- Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat (RTH9580WF1005/W)
- Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat (RTH9585WF1004/W)
- Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat (RTH8580WF1007/W)
- Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat (RTH6580WF)
- 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat (TH9320WFWF5003/U)
- VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat (TH8321WF1001/U)
Program participants will need to have an active account linked with Honeywell Home and agree to the conditions in their service agreement.
For those PNM customers who do not have a qualifying thermostat, you may enroll directly in PNM Power Saver to receive a free Wi-Fi Thermostat. You can also receive a $25 annual thank-you check; however, your sign-up bonus will be $25. To learn more, visit https://www.pnmpowersaver.com/
Ready to do your part and receive your $100 enrollment check?
As of September 2019
- Open to all residential customers with a central heat ventilation and refrigerated air conditioning (HVAC) system or a heat pump. Homes with window air conditioning units or multi-zone systems are not eligible. Heat only systems and evaporative cooling units (swamp coolers) are not eligible for this program.
- Participants must have wireless internet connectivity (Wi-Fi), and know their password.
- To participate in the PNM Power Saver Bring Your Own Thermostat (“PSBYOT”) program, you must (1) be named on the PNM account, and (2) have an eligible PSBYOT thermostat, as listed below.
- If you are a tenant, landlord approval (see form below) must be certified. You must have control of the thermostat.
- Customers who currently participate in the PNM Power Saver program—or have participated in the program in the past 12 months—are not eligible for a sign-up incentive. PNM reserves the right to review any exception to this restriction.
- You will receive a one-time $100 enrollment bonus check and a $25 annual thank-you check. The enrollment bonus check will be issued to you within 12 weeks of enrollment confirmation.
- If your device has been active throughout the cooling season, you will be eligible for the annual thank-you check at the end of each calendar year.
- If PNM needs to change the incentives at any future time, you will be informed.
|CYCLING LEVEL||ONE-TIME Enrollment Bonus Check PER DEVICE||ANNUAL Thank-You
Check PER DEVICE
- As a PSBYOT participant, you will allow PNM to cycle your exterior refrigerated air conditioning unit or heat pump off and on during times of high overall electricity demand.
- If you are a new tenant at a premises where a PSBYOT device has already been installed, your landlord will inform you of your participation and of your choice to opt out.
- During an activation period, you may experience a slight increase in temperature. Variables such as insulation, shaded windows, the use of ceiling fans, and the amount of foot traffic can each affect the overall temperature. Below are the changes a typical home may experience:
|CYCLING LEVEL||TEMPERATURE CHANGE|
- Participation is voluntary and you can terminate it at any time by notifying PNM in writing or by telephone.
- If you terminate participation in the program, PNM will disconnect the device from the program in the operational and billing systems, effective immediately. The device will no longer be cycled during events, and you will be ineligible to receive the thank-you check that year (if disconnected during control season), and each year thereafter.
- Activation periods are most likely to be experienced on weekdays during June through September, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., for no more than four hours.
- You can find out if an activation period is occurring one of two ways: You can go to the PSBYOT web page (https://www.pnmpowersaver.com/byot-program/honeywell-home/) to see if there is a banner indicating an activation period has been scheduled to occur, or you can check your thermostat to see if a message has been sent indicating an activation period is in progress.
- Because the weather is unpredictable, there is no certainty about the total number of activation periods that could occur during a cooling season. But, based on past seasons, you can expect fewer than ten.
- Twice during each year, you have the choice to not participate in an activation period by simply calling 844-732-2163 and letting us know, or by opting out on the thermostat when a message indicates an activation period is in progress.
- Because PNM is part of a broader regional grid connected with other utilities, there may be a sudden system need for energy conservation. If such an extraordinary situation should arise, all customers would be required to participate until the system-wide emergency has been resolved.
Eligible PSBYOT thermostats
- To participate in the PSBYOT program, you must control one of the following Honeywell Home thermostats:
- All PSBYOT participants must (a) have an active account linked with Resideo Technologies Inc.; (b) have an installed qualifying Honeywell Home smart thermostat controlling an air conditioning unit at participant’s service address; and (c) agree to the conditions set forth in the Resideo Technologies Inc. service agreement.
- BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENROLLMENT, AND/OR BY YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PNM POWER SAVER BRING YOUR OWN THERMOSTAT (“PSBYOT”) PROGRAM (THE “PROGRAM”), YOU (“CUSTOMER”) AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT WITH ITRON, INC., THE EXCLUSIVE PNM CONTRACTOR OF THE PROGRAM (“CONTRACTOR”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONTACT ITRON AT 844-732-2163TO DISCONNECT YOUR THERMOSTAT FROM THE PROGRAM.
- Customer agrees to enroll in the Program through account links provided by the manufacturer of Customer’s owned and controlled program-eligible smart thermostat (the “Equipment”). To be eligible to participate in the Program, Customer must (1) be a PNM residential electric service account holder; (2) have a wireless internet network at the PNM service address; (3) have an active account linked with Resideo Technologies Inc.; (4) have an installed qualifying Honeywell Home smart thermostat controlling an air conditioning unit at customer’s service address; and (5) agree to the conditions set forth in the Resideo Technologies Inc. service agreements.
- Customer understands that the Equipment will permit PNM to cycle off and on the compressor on Customer’s central air conditioner unit or heat pump during times of high overall electricity demand.
- The incentives Customer will receive in consideration for participation are as follows:
- $100 enrollment incentive payment per device
- $25 annual participation incentive payment per device
PNM may, from time to time, modify the incentive structure. Customer understands that if participation is terminated before the completion of a conservation season (i.e., before September 30 of any PSBYOT program year), the annual incentive will not be paid.
- It shall be understood the Equipment shall remain the property of Customer. Customer agrees to notify PNM if Customer disconnects or removes the Equipment. This Agreement is not assignable or otherwise transferable by Customer.
- Customer shall have the right at any time to terminate program participation by notifying Itron in writing or by telephone. If Customer decides to terminate, Customer will forfeit all credits toward that season’s PSBYOT annual participation incentive payment.
- PNM will not be liable to Customer or to any third party for any losses or damages, including loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, and personal injuries (including death), including, without limitation, any damage resulting from or arising out of Customer’s participation in the Program.
- Customer understands that PNM assumes no responsibility for and shall have no responsibility for the condition or repair of Customer’s central air conditioner or other equipment. Customer understands that Customer is responsible for the repair and maintenance of Customer’s equipment.
- THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PNM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT OR THE PROGRAM. THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE EQUIPMENT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF CUSTOMER AND PARTICIPATES IN THE PROGRAM WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED BY PNM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW.
- Customer agrees to hold harmless, defend, and indemnify PNM, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees, from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to Customer’s improper use of the Equipment or the Program, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, PNM will provide Customer with written notice of such claim, suit, or action.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and PNM. No undertaking, representation, or warranty made by any agent or representative of PNM in connection with the sale, installation, maintenance, or removal of PNM’s services or the Equipment shall be binding on PNM except as expressly included herein.
- Customer understands that PNM reserves the right to modify the terms of the Power Saver program or the PSBYOT program. Customer will receive notice of such Program modification. Customer’s continued participation in the Program following notice of such change shall be considered acceptance of such modification.
- PNM may assign or delegate any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third-party organizations. Customer’s rights may not be assigned or transferred without PNM’s written consent.
- The above provisions regarding events beyond PNM’s control, warranties, disclaimers of warranty and liability, and termination will survive the termination of this Agreement. Failure to insist on strict performance of the terms will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. If any part of the above is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed ineffective and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in effect. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between Customer and PNM as a result of this Agreement.
*The PNM Power Saver program requires that you have a refrigerated central air conditioning unit or heat pump. Evaporative cooling units are not eligible for this program. PNM has an agreement with Itron, Inc. to provide the technology and administer the PNM Power Saver program.
Itron, Inc. is responsible for installing, removing and servicing the PNM Power Saver device.