PNM Power Saver is a program that helps relieve times of peak electricity demand in your area.
You can earn up to $25 each year in thank-you checks for participating, and receive up to $25 right now as a bonus for enrolling.
How It Works
With PNM Power Saver, you still control your thermostat the way you normally would. However, on some summer weekday afternoons, when electricity demand soars, your air conditioner or heat pump* is automatically put into an activation period.
During this period, while some home temperatures will rise a few degrees, many customers report they don’t notice any change. The use of home insulation, shaded windows, and ceiling fans, and the amount of home foot traffic are all things that can affect your indoor temperature.
- For every full cooling season that you participate, you’ll receive a $25 thank-you check.
- PNM Power Saver typically operates from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on summer weekdays when demand requires activation.
- PNM Power Saver will only be activated during the summer, June 1 through September 30, and will not be activated on holidays or weekends.
- There is no charge for the installation and service or the PNM Power Saver device. If you are not satisfied, you can ask to be removed from the program at no cost to you.
- Getting started is easy. If you requested a thermostat, simply schedule an appointment to have it installed. The appointment will last about an hour, during which the technician will explain how the thermostat works to you or another adult in the home. If you choose the outdoor switch, simply ensure our technician has safe access to your exterior refrigerated air conditioning unit(s) and electrical fuse box. You don’t need to be at home when the device is installed.
- PNM Power Saver helps ensure a continuous regional energy supply by reducing energy demand at critical times.
- The program helps protect New Mexico’s environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions during the hottest summer weekday afternoons.